Blacks Solicitors’ specialist Medical Practices team regularly provide legal advice to GPs and GP Practices in relation to creating and reviewing Partnership Agreements.
A surprising number of medical practices don’t have a satisfactory Partnership Agreement in place, which can make dealing with any dispute much more stressful and expensive.
In addition, in the absence of a Partnership Agreement, a dispute between GP Partners can even lead to the termination of a medical practice’s GMS or PMS contract.
This means that a valid, up to date, Partnership Agreement is very important to the stability of a medical partnership, providing a road map for the resolution of any disputes which may arise.
Even if you do have a Partnership Agreement in place, it is worth reviewing it if:
- You have admitted a new Partner
- You have joined a Federation
- The Partners have formed a company or LLP to provide additional services
- There are other changes of circumstance within the practice.
If you require assistance with creating a Partnership Agreement, or reviewing your existing Agreement, Blacks can help. The services we offer include:
- Bespoke new Partnership Agreements
- Reviewing and amending your existing Partnership Agreement
- Deeds of Adherence on the admission of a new Partner
- Deeds of Retirement.
If you are the owner of a GP Practice and would like more information about Partnership Agreements, please email or call our Medical Practices team today on 0113 207 0000.