Spread the love

If one of your employees has lodged a Formal Grievance, Blacks Solicitors’ expert Employment Law team can help.

If an employee has a problem in the workplace they have the right to bring their concerns to you as their employer by way of a Grievance.

You must listen to what the employee has to say and act reasonably in dealing with the complaint, and must also follow the provisions of the “ACAS Code of Practice 1 – Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures” (ACAS Code), which sets out the recommended procedure for dealing with grievances.

A failure to follow the ACAS Code could see any compensation awarded to the employee increased by up to 25% if they later lodge a claim in the Employment Tribunal.

It is therefore important that if you receive a Grievance, you seek legal advice at an early stage.


If you have an employee who has lodged a Grievance and would like assistance, or would like to find out more about Blacks’ services, please email or call our Employment Law team today on 0113 207 0000 for a free no obligation discussion.