Licensing Disputes

Spread the love

If your business operates under a licence from a local authority, and you are having difficulties with conditions or objections, then Blacks Solicitors’ expert Commercial Dispute Resolution team can help.

All premises at which alcohol is supplied, entertainment is provided, or hot food is sold after certain hours, must obtain a Premises Licence under the Licensing Act 2003.

In addition, the person managing the premises now requires a Personal Licence and a designated Premises Supervisor must be named.

Under the 2003 Act it has become increasingly important to consider the measures you will take to promote the licensing objectives, which are centred on public order and the prevention of crime.

Private individuals, local businesses, and authorities (such as the police) also now have the right to object to a Premises Licence, which could lead to your Licence being revoked.

If there are objections to a new or existing Licence, we can assist you in preparing an effective response and can represent you at any hearing.


For more information about how we can help, or for a free no obligation discussion, please email or call Blacks’ Commercial Dispute Resolution team today on 0113 207 0000.